YPC joins Declaration on Parliamentary OpennessFriday, 23 November, 2012
The Yemen Polling Center with its Yemen Parliament Watch is proud to announce that since November 8, 2012 it is the 100th organization world wide to endorse the Declaration on Parliamentary Openness. The declaration is a call on the world's parliaments for greater openness, transparency and citizen participation.
The Declaration was drafted by the National Democratic Institute, in partnership with the Sunlight Foundation and Latin American Network for Legislative Transparency and with the support of more than 80 civil society parliamentary monitoring organizations from more than 55 countries around the world.
With this endorsement, the Yemen Parliament Watch is joining a world wide network of Parliamentary Monitoring Organizations, which work to make parliamentary information more accessible to citizens, strengthen the capacity of citizens to participate in parliamentary processes, and improve parliamentary accountability.
The Yemen Parliament Watch is an initiative, which aims to enhance the capacity of Yemen’s Parliament by providing a central hub of information and training resources for Members of Parliament, journalist, politically active youths and the general public. The project implemented by the Yemen Polling Center has as its ultimate goal a strong Parliament serving an informed constituency. The project strives to empower civil society organizations to pursue democratic reforms and human rights, as well as foster an independent, free, and fair press, which upholds the highest standards in journalism.
For more information see www.ypwatch.org or contact Mareike@yemenpolling.org
More on News
- #YemenBarometer: YPC releases major findings of nation-wide survey on living conditions and security-related issues
- Youth Lobby Group (YLG Aden) attended a training workshop on (advocacy strategies and communication skills) that organized by Yemen Polling Center (YPC) in Sanaa, Yemen.
- Women's Rights in Criminal Prosecution in Yemen
- YPC Youth Lobby Group and Journalist Association Workshops
- First Academic Workshop in Yemen discusses the "Revolution" of 2011